Blacktalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

topsites
Intus Incednia's K9 Elites

Top Canine Roleplays

Top 100 Animal RPG Sites

Top 50 Wolf RPG
Site News
The Karma Shop is open! Head over to the Karma board under "General Information" to learn more. Feros Ferio!
Plot News
Things are going pretty well for the wolves of Blacktalon. There are a few new recruits who have already proven their mettle by taking on the spring's first mission! With Tristan and Issy together at last, it seems that all is right in the world. Well, unless you're a male of Blacktalon. Bloomsday has never been a holiday that treated them well, favoring the gentler sex and allowing ladies to own the day.
Current Missions
Current Missions
none
Completed Missions
"Tristan and Issy"
Participants: Marina, Chance, Chase, Mikazaru
Member Spotlight
Wolf trip in the UK 14-79

October's Member Spotlight is Brave! Brave is an active member of the roleplay, as well as being a fun person to be around. Congrats Brave!
Latest topics
» when the music stops
Wolf trip in the UK EmptyThu May 28, 2015 10:20 am by Guest

» Akrasia RPG
Wolf trip in the UK EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 4:08 pm by Guest

» EIEN ; a fantasy wolf RPG - Dare you venture?
Wolf trip in the UK EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 12:06 am by Guest

» Designing a Character
Wolf trip in the UK EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 12:31 am by AllyTheFireFox

» Into the Myst
Wolf trip in the UK EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:36 am by Guest

» Supernatural Academy
Wolf trip in the UK EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:04 pm by Guest

» Gray Skies canine rp (All canines)
Wolf trip in the UK EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 4:55 pm by Guest

» ||EUPHORIA|| - Fantasy Equine RP
Wolf trip in the UK EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 pm by Guest

» THE WARPED SOULS PACK!
Wolf trip in the UK EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:56 am by Guest

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates
Serenity River

Silver Hollows V2

free forum
My Forum

Wolf trip in the UK

2 posters

Go down

Wolf trip in the UK Empty Wolf trip in the UK

Post by Damian Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Guess what I did yesterday?

I went to a wolf conversation centre. There, we got to see the wolves in their large enclosures, like they were seriously big- I could barely see where the back of it was. It was filled with mounds, trees and a mini water fall and lake, they also had standing stations to play and lay on. They also had lovely warm shelters with hay and heating if they choose to go in them.

We witnessed the younger wolves howling, making the rest of the wolves around the park howl along. It was a truly a magical experience. I had never seen a wolf in real life before, so it was amazing to watch them.

We then we put into this room where we were taught about wolves. I knew the majority of it, however, the history of the wolf I did not know. I had no clue that the Church back in those days were one of the major influences on wolf hunting and their terrible name. However, that was years ago mind you. There are many other factors- Little Red Riding hood, and other religions.

We then finished that talk because the wolves were howling again, making the presentation impossible. So we then all exited out into a field where they brought out three wolves, who were siblings, on a leash for us to get up and personal with them and to help them showing us that wolves are not these horrible beasts.

We then walked with Nuka, Tala and the Alpha Female Tundra, though she came no where near us as she was inspecting us, making sure we were no danger to her pack. We then were allowed to meet the wolves and stroke their bellies- we had to be lower than them. We were allowed to do this as they were still timid from young age and they had been bred for many years to be used to educate people.

Here are photos of the three we walked with: (I did not take any of these photos. My friend has all the photos, so you'll have to make do with these ones)

Wolf trip in the UK Wolves14

We then went into a large shed where they showed us what they fed the wolves. They fed them, roadkill, rabbits shot by farmers, butcher meat and donations. Everyone was pretty disgusted by the smell and them cutting up sheep bowls. I wasn't. Smelly sheep guts don't bother me.

We then moved over to the Arctic wolves enclosure where we watched them feed the wolves and ask questions. There we met

Wolf trip in the UK Wolves17

We then moved over to two separate enclosures where we met:  (Mosi and Mai are sister and they really didn't like each other. They were growling at each other- which is why they were seperated. Mai was put in with Motomo as he was only young (they didn't know he was sexually mature) and needed a friend- however, he got too close and the park ended up with three cubs- Nuka,Tala and Tundra.)

Wolf trip in the UK Wolves16

After meeting all the wolves, we bought some stuff from the gift shop and piled onto the bus before going back home. That was my wolf trip experience.

I think this is the best thing I have seen in my whole life. I wasn't sure on how I'd like it as these animals are in captivity, but after seeing how much these wolves are cared for and loved, and how happy they are. I never once saw any wolf pacing their enclosure. I'm so lucky to have met these wonderful wolves and workers. They're trying so hard to work with people to understand wolves and working with charities to help wolves in other countries. I hope with their efforts we will at least put wild wolves back into Scotland.
Damian
Damian
Pup
Pup

http://dealan-depack.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Wolf trip in the UK Empty Re: Wolf trip in the UK

Post by Mikazaru Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Oh my gosh! You're so lucky! o;
I want to pet a wolf's belly once in my life so badly. xD
Mikazaru
Mikazaru